***Please DO NOT contact Larkin Hospital or any of its facilities, nor the Larkin Graduate Medical Education Department for this PGSI opportunity. For questions and enrollment, please contact AmeriClerkships Medical Society directly at +1 (949) 417-8980, or visit https://acmedical.org/larkinsubi***
AmeriClerkships Medical Society (AMS), in partnership with Larkin Community Teaching Hospital’s Graduate Medical Education (GME) Department, is proud to offer a rare opportunity for medical graduate members of AMS to enroll in Postgraduate Subinternships (PGSI’s) in over 25 specialties in and around the vibrant Miami, Florida area!
2017 Larkin Match Update: Larkin has been designated as an AMS-PGY1CONNECT site, meaning that AMS members have secured residency interviews and even “Matched” into Larkin. As of April 2017, three (3) AMS PGSI successfully “Matched” into Larkin residency programs.
A typical “Matched into Larkin” AMS member profile:
1) Completed 12-28 weeks of PGSI,
2) Secured 2-4 Larkin LORs,
3) U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident,
4) Passed USMLE Step 3.
By enrolling as an AMS PGSI, medical graduates may expect to gain first-hand exposure to the inner workings of U.S. GME and medical residencies (even in 100% inpatient settings), and become an effective PGY1 by learning how to:
– Become an integral member of U.S. medical residency teams who manage acute and chronic medical problems;
– Rotate and collaborate with top residency program faculties, teaching attending physicians, Chief Residents and even Program Directors;
– Participate in teaching rounds, and possibly present in journal clubs and residency conferences;
– Refinement of history-taking and physical examination skills;
– Formulate problem lists, prioritize medical problems, select laboratory and ancillary tests, as well as institute drug and supportive therapies;
– Utilize subspecialty consultative services;
– Develop definitive plans for ongoing care and follow-up of dismissed patients.
Upon satisfactory completion of each PGSI clinical block, AMS PGSI will be evaluated based on the 6 ACGME Core Competencies, and may request a performance-based letter of recommendation on official Larkin GME/teaching hospital letterhead.
Space is extremely limited. If interested, please contact AMS directly at +1 (949) 417-8980, or visit https://acmedical.org/larkinsubi